Thursday, December 6, 2018

Wildcard (Warcross #2)


In this "much anticipated" sequal to Warcross, Asian American gamer/hacker/virtual reality bounty hunter Emika Chen must walk away from her hero and friend in order to work with his enemy for the good of the world. Like the first one, it is filled with mystery, action, sacrifice and adventure. Although this story takes place in Tokyo, this is the Neurolink Tokyo where virtual reality and reality reality intermingle seamlessly to create an almost Blade Runner existence.

Although I read e-books almost exclusively now versus a paper book, my sign that a book is good happens when the book gets really exciting and when I look down at the percentage read marker on the e-book, I am close to the 50% read mark versus the 95% read mark. At that point,  I know I am in for a ride and I start clearing my schedule so I can plow through and read to the end.

Finally, I have mad love for my local public library and the State of Hawaii public library system that actually ordered this e book when I requested it. It was worth the wait (my sneak peek of this book was in September) and I think when a state system can get a request in September and I can make my way through the waitlist by December, that is a well run machine.

No comments: