Tuesday, January 27, 2015

City of Bones Review


Title: City of Bones, Book one, Mortal Instruments
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

In short: Suddenly able to see demons and the Darkhunters who are dedicated to returning them to their own dimension, 15-year-old Clary Fray is drawn into this bizarre world when her mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a monster.

My piece of mind:
I am WAAAYYYY late to the party, perhaps because I have been out of my literacy job and doing administration, perhaps because I have been finishing my doctorate for the past three years, but I am done now and I am using my Oyster Books subscription with a vengeance.  I have seen the stunning covers and always had the Mortal Instruments on my maybe I should read list, but Clary just pulled me in. I have to remember she is supposed to be only 15 when I feel like scolding her for being weak. The characters quickly become real for the reader and I continue to worry for Simon. 

Thousands of people have already read these books. They have been on the New York Times for such a long time, but I am thankful that 5 of the 6 are on Oyster books because it has taken me five days to read five books. Thank goodness for some free weekends.

No comments: