Monday, August 20, 2018

Book to Movie: To All the Boys I've Loved Before


It is not often that I think a movie is better than a book. This is an exception. I adored the movie even though I forced myself to get through the book.  Although this is a movie/book with minority characters, this is about re-normalizing American teen society as one of diversity without stigma.

The major issue I had with the book was I just did not care for the voice of Lara Jean. Considering she is a junior, the voice seemed so immature. However, X-Men: Apocolypse actress Lana Condor was just the right mix of innocence, sassiness and vulnerability. I wanted to cheer for her. I did cheer for her.

This movie will be added to my classic welcome to teaching teens movies like The Breakfast Club, Ten Things I Hate About You, Can't Buy Me Love, Mean Girls and Heathers.


No comments: