Saturday, July 28, 2018

Seafire (Sneak Peek review)

My Thoughts:

I really do not like to ask for sneak peeks only because I usually only choose books that interest me beyond the description. One example is the graphic novel Sheets that I reviewed as a sneak peek in May. I was enamored by the cover, the simple drawing style and just enough of the story before the preview ended. Still, I could not actually get a full copy until July so sometimes I forget that I am watching the calendar because I read so many other things in between.

However, Seafire is another one that I chose, not for the cover but for the pirate aspect. Like 
the Bloody Jack series, I love me some girl pirates who take over. True, Caledonia is not the pirate. The pirates are the bad guys, however, there be pirate behavior and fights on the seas. I was also drawn to the epigraph on the cover:
Sisterhood is Survival
This one comes out at the end of August when school is started. I hope I remember to request it because the preview seemed frustratingly short.

No comments: