Saturday, June 23, 2018

Far From the Tree


My thoughts:


I have seen this book touted as "for people who love This Is Us." I am not sure if it holds the same chapter by chapter intensity as the television show holds, but this definitely will have appeal to YA readers. I would have devoured this book except that I had to keep returning it to the library and waiting on the "holds" list until it came around to me again. 

This is the story of searching and finding a family you did not know you had. It is about heartache and hope as it interweaves the stories of three teens. Read worthy.


From the pages:


And I finally learned to ride, but I wouldn't let them take the wheels off because I liked that feeling, you know? They caught me every time. That's what it felt like with Grace and Maya. Like I was falling, but then I didn't. They were there. - Joaquin

No comments: