Thursday, May 10, 2018

Herding Cats


I was a middle school teacher for a long time so I can relate to the simile for classroom management that is like "herding cats." This collection of "Sarah's Scribbles" holds that same kind of chaotic, quirky glee and awkwardness .  I am new to Sarah Andersen but I looked up her work and her daily scribbles and it has the same humor that I find charming.

This one talks about the growing pains of becoming an adult, a journey that most of us struggle with until we realize that we must be adults, even if we don't feel different. I think readers and non readers can relate to this as she deals with deadlines, social situations, awkwardness (like teens and tweens).

The bonus on the author's "Guide for the Young Creative" is a timely, honest message to young artists that things will get better, so don't give up.


A digital advanced copy was borrowed by Net Galley and the publisher for an honest review.

No comments: