Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Girl of Fire and Thorns Trilogy by Rae Carson


I have no excuses, but here are my excuses - I finished my doctorate a year ago and was in an administration job,  while also trying to do research and publish as well as get my abstracts chosen for research conferences. So, my reading is behind.

The great part of being behind on my reading is that I am not waiting with bated breath for these authors to pump out the next book in their trilogy. 

This trilogy is another badass girl is gonna save the world all by her damn self trilogy (Hunger Games, Divergent, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera).

What I like about this chosen girl, Elisa, is that she is fat, like seam busting fat. She is the chosen one, but she doesn't know why and no one really clues her in so she needs to rely on her own wits and her heavy body to not betray her.

She is nowhere near perfect, but she transforms herself and she thinks about her people first. Nice.

No comments: