Thursday, March 25, 2010

Booking Through Thursday - Break

This week's question is:
Do you take breaks while reading a book? Or read it straight through? (And, by breaks, I don’t mean sleeping, eating and going to work; I mean putting it aside for a time while you read something else.)

I have been married for 22 years, so I am loyal in my relationships, but I am a promiscuous reader. ;-)

If I start getting bored or irritated by a character, I won't dump the book, but I may put it aside, start another book, maybe two or three other books, and let the first book rest. I had a running joke with one of my teacher friends. She and I would go to conferences together every couple of years and I always carried the same book for about six years. It was a slim book too, but I never unpacked it from my suitcase, so I only read it when we traveled. It had nothing to do with the quality of the book, just the fact that I didn't get out much. The name of the book?
The Things They Carried  by Tim O'Brien

I guess that makes me a book tramp. How about you? To play along, go to Booking Through Thursday.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Good Question! Your answer made me LOL! I would have to say I'm a Book Whore.....I read 2 or 3 at the same time because I never know what I might be in the mood for-for instance I'm in the middle of Gym Candy, Alice and Wonderand and Philosophy and Girl in the Arena. BTW- stop by my blog and enter my giveaway!