Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado

Title: Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear
Author: Max Lucado
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: September 8, 2009
Hardcover: 224 pages
ISBN-13: 978-0849921391
Rating: 4/5

From the author: Fear seems to be in the driver’s seat these days. People are troubled and anxious. Finances are tumbling, rockets are launching, and seemingly solid institutions are teetering. It's tough for folks to know where to turn.

Two years ago I began writing a new book entitled Fearless. Little did I know then what we'd be facing now, but God did. The book examines Jesus' statements about fear and encourages us to take heart in difficult times.

The antidote to the fear epidemic? Trust. If we trust God more, we can fear less. What a comforting promise.
My thoughts:
I'm a Max Lucado newbie, and not one to read spirituality and personal growth books, but Fearless was an enjoyable, thought-provoking read. I don't think I'm fearful. I describe myself as steady in conflict and stoic in chaos, but through Lucado's anecdotes of so many different kinds of fears, practical advice and a foundation of scripture, I found a different kind of peace, as well as a realization that my fears were waiting to be acknowledged. This book was helpful, even when I wasn't looking for help.

This ebook was given to me from Thomas Nelson for an honest review.

No comments: