Sunday, January 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (2)


In My Mailbox is a cool meme by The Story Siren.

Now that my youngest son has Saturday baseball practice across town, it's a perfect opportunity to visit our public library- especially since he now has his own book blog and he reads so fast. I need to keep him supplied. Here's what I got:

Ghostgirl: Homecoming by Tonya Hurley
This is the second ghostgirl book. In this one, Charlotte is abandoned by her friends, stuck in a cubicle doing a job she doesn't want to do. This is not her idea of heaven. Ace of Cakes did a great ghostgirl cake, and this is probably a book that I'll end up buying because of the cover.

 My Most Excellent Year: a Novel of love, Mary Poppins and Fenway Park by Steve Kluger
From Booklist:Boston teens T. C. and Augie are such close friends that their families acknowledge them as brothers. Alejandra has recently arrived from Washington, D.C., where her father served as a Mexican ambassador to the U.S. Written in multiple voices and nontraditional formats, including instant messages and school assignments, Kluger’s crowded, exuberant novel follows the three high-school freshman through an earth-shaking year in which musical-theater-obsessed Augie realizes that he is gay, Alejandra reveals her theatrical talents to disapproving parents, and T. C. tries to make a deaf child’s greatest wish come true.
What did you get?

1 comment:

Brooke Reviews said...

Ah, I really want to read the Ghostgirl series! Great books this week, happy reading :D