Thursday, January 28, 2010

Booking Through Thursday - Twisty


Jackie says, “I love books with complicated plots and unexpected endings. What is your favourite book with a fantastic twist at the end?”
So, today’s question is in two parts.
1. Do YOU like books with complicated plots and unexpected endings?
 I don't know about complicated plots - it's like a large Russian novel - too many characters - too many subplots - and suddenly reading becomes an assignment rather than an experience. HOWEVER, I love unexpected endings! 
2. What book with a surprise ending is your favorite? Or your least favorite?
 My favorite twisty books I've read recently: 
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


If I want to hunt down the author, kidnap them and force them to finish the next book, then it's a keeper.


I look forward to your own list so I can expand my TBR list. So far: Sister's Keeper

1 comment:

Jen H. said...

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Great book. Did NOT see the ending coming.