Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Manga Thursday, 12/31/09




While on a trip to Honolulu, my son and I happened upon Gecko Books and Comics in a small neighborhood outside of Honolulu. My son and I quietly went through the aisles, greeting manga series we were familiar with and trying to choose new series with the measly $40 I was willing to spend. I'm glad we don't have this type of bookstore on our island. It's too hard  to leave without buying something, and despite the serial nature of manga and comic books, it's not cheap.

To highlight the manga and graphic novels out there, I'd like to start my first meme, so be patient as I figure it out.
--------------------------------



Usagi Yojimbo book 1
text and art by Stan Sakai


7-Word Review:
Introduction of honorable samurai rabbit: Usagi Yojimbo.
----------------------------------------------
If you would like to participate in Manga Thursdays (I hope you do), please post a link to this blog on your post.

Rules:
  • Choose a manga or graphic novel you are reading or would like to read
  • Post a picture of the cover and/or an artwork sample
  • Post a 7-word review
  • Add your link to the comments on this post


No comments: